Stress- it doesn’t just wear on your psyche- it also makes you FAT! NO LIE!
How? Adrenaline draws on your energy stores during stressful situations, but too much cortisol will consume your muscle tissue to use for fuel. Chronic stress can also lead to increased blood sugar levels because your body is struggling to adjust. Bottom line, if your body is in a state of chronic stress (whether emotional, environmental or chemical) it can be extremely destructive to your metabolism, muscle mass and your overall wellness.
Take conscious steps to reduce stress in your life to avoid burning out body.
My top 5 favorite ways are:
1. EXERCISE- instant attitude adjustment
2. Meditation- brings my awareness front and center
3. Deep Breathing- this calms me down immediately and can be done anywhere.
4. Walking- sometimes you just need to remove yourself for 10minutes.
5. Supplementation- Proper supplementation has been instrumental to repairing and re-balancing my hormones to support my body.
If you would like more tips or details on stress management or supplementation comment below or find me on Facebook and we’ll take the party over there!